Robert Shaw Memorial Electrical Scholarship
The family of the late Robert Shaw Sr. had generously decided to fund scholarships for eastern Iowa electrical apprentices. Any apprentice awarded a scholarship would forfeit the scholarship should they leave the employer who sponsored them on the application during the school year in which they were awarded the scholarship. The recipient must successfully complete the level of schooling for which the scholarship is awarded before the scholarship money is given to the apprentice. The scholarship money will be awarded at the Apprentice Graduation on June 1, 2018 at Prairie Meadows.
The application submission deadline is April 16, 2018.
You may submit your application by email to Ginny Shindelar.
- The apprentice must be enrolled for one of ABC of Iowa’s Apprenticeship and Training Trust Public Electrical Programs for the 2017-2018 school year. (All levels are eligible) (Apprentices attending an in-house class are not eligible)
- The apprentice must reside in Iowa.
- The apprentice must reside within 100 miles of the Quad Cities.
- The apprentice must provide documentation of high school diploma or GED.
- There are also requirements regarding the payment of tuition/books. (Outlined in the application)