What is pass-through testing?
Pass through testing is available to any registered apprentice who feels they have the knowledge to successfully skip Level 1 (or Level 2, if applicable) AND they meet the qualifications to take a pass through test in our apprenticeship program.
Required paperwork for pass through testing:
1) Registration with the Department of Labor
2) ABC/DOL Enrollment Form, including $110 enrollment fee, if they are not already registered.
3) Apprentice Profile Form
4) Credit for Previous Experience
5) DOL Disability Disclosure
6) Employer Assessment (below: choose the appropriate trade and level)
• Each test costs $150
• Can use a trade specific code book
• Bring a calculator and pencil
• Must get an 80% or better to pass
• Can only be taken one time
• We only offer pass-through tests for levels one and two
• Must have 1,000 OJT hours to qualify to take the Level 1 test
• Must have 2,000 OJT hours AND taken Level 1 class or passed Level 1 pass-through test to qualify to take Level 2 test
For questions, please contact Sandy Conn.